120th Murwillumbah Show 2020
Friday 6th & Saturday 7th November 2020
Established in 1890, the Murwillumbah Show is an annual agricultural show held on the first weekend in November each year at the Murwillumbah Showground.
Organised by the Tweed River Agricultural Society, the show is a great family day out with gymkhana, competitions, live music, rides, arts and crafts, barrel racing, sideshows, livestock judging, and more.
The show is packed with a variety of heritage machinery and trade displays, along with cane exhibits, craftworks, reptile world, live music and the ever popular animal nursery and sideshow alley for the young and young at heart.
Each year the Pavilion Schedule includes Farm Produce, Fruit & Vegetables, Horticulture, Preserves, Cooking, Fine Arts, Craftwork, Needlework, Home Brewing and Photography competitions.
More traditional activities like dog shows, beef cattle judging, dairy cattle, sheep judging, bull and bronco spectacular, woodchopping and showjumping competitions, are complimented with events like trotting racing, a V8 ute show, and whip cracking and sweet potato throwing competitions.
The show culminates in the grand parade at 2pm, and a fantastic fireworks finale at 8pm.
We hope you can come along and help make this year's show a memorable one.
2020 Murwillumbah Show Programme: The Murwillumbah Show is fun for all the family. Jam packed with the fun of side show alley, nightly Centre Ring entertainment, Entertaining Shows, Friday Night Rodeo, Saturday Night Fireworks, Thrill Rides, World Class Horse Events, Showbags, Music Bands at the Branding Rail and much more.
Events and displays include:
- Heritage Displays: Displays all day including, sheep shearing, damper making
- Championship Dog Show
- Main Pavilion & Johnson Pavilion: Open to Public, with local farm produce, fruit & vegies, horticulture, pickles, jams, cooking, fine arts, craftwork, needlework, honey, home brewing, photgraphy, fementation and school displays. Pottery making and woodworking displays.
- Amazing Animals To You: Feedings 9.00am and 5.30pm. Behind Member's Building. Feed & Groom baby animals. Operates all day till 8.00pm.
- Trade Displays - Includes motor vehicles, tractors, farm machinery, tools, restored engines and cars.
- Luke's Reptile Kingdom: Interesting, informative and interactive display (featuring Australia's most deadly snake)
- Poultry: Judging commences in the O'Connors Pavilion
- Campbell's Animal Nursery: Open from 9.00am to 7.00pm (Friday & Saturday)
Echo YouTube video 113th Murwillumbah Show
For current information and more details visit the official Web Site:
>> Murwillumbah Showground* <<
>> EVENTS ALL DAY AND NIGHT!! <<
>> Gates open from 9am 'til late<<
See you there!
* Event date subject to change each year.
Participants and media are advised to confirm the date before arrival.
Showground graphic © courtesy of Murwillumbah Tweed River Agricultural Society
Links of Interest:
- Murwillumbah Show Google images Created/retrieved 27th October 2014
- Roll up to enjoy the country fun at the Murwillumbah Show Tweed Daily News 25th October 2018
- Another Great Year at the Murwillumbah Show Tweed Daily News 4th November 2013
- Murwillumbah prepares for show: Tweed News 27th October 2010
- SHOWMAN Terry Nilon knows the Murwillumbah showground and the annual show better than most locals. “This year will be my 60th show,” said the sideshow alley operator yesterday.
Visit our clickable map to see the localtion of our towns and villages.
Move your mouse over the place names to see which ones change your mouse cursor, then click on that town, village or locality name to go to information, with links to local and nearby accommodation and attractions.
Or see our places listed by Coast, Country, Rainforest and River localities.
Very much a traditional style agricultural centre, Murwillumbah is located nearly exactly in the middle of the Mt Warning caldera, with the nearby Mount Warning commanding almost every view.
Find everything from apartments to campsites to luxury resorts and rainforest retreats, in the Ballina NSW - Gold Coast Hinterland QLD region of Australia.
Situated on the southern arm of the Tweed River, just about anywhere in Uki will provide you with stunning views of Mt Warning .
The village is a heritage conservation area including the Mt Warning Hotel, the old Bank Building and the old Butter Factory, now converted to art and craft galleries and artisans workspaces.